Each patient is assessed and a treatment program is designed for their unique presentation of pain and loss of function. The program is then discussed with the patient and the rational for the treatment explained. These treatment techniques may include some of the following.
- Joint mobilization and manipulation
- Muscle and soft tissue massage and release techniques, including myofascial release instrument assisted soft tissue mobilization (IASTM)
- Stretching techniques
- Nerve tissue mobilization
- Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation techniques (PNF)
Acupuncture & Dry Needling
- Acupuncture is based on the traditional Chinese medicine where the skin is pricked with thin needles to treat various conditions.
- Dry needling is based on triggers points and is done with an acupuncture needle.
- All of our therapists are certified in acupuncture.
- Kelsey and Kristi are also certified in dry needling.
- We treat all types of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders
- Myofascial jaw pain
- Pain from clenching
- Difficulty opening your mouth
- Clicking with opening or closing
- Customized muscle strengthening and stretching programs
- Core stabilization
- Muscle balancing/ postural correction exercises
- Physical reconditioning
- Functional exercise/workplace training and conditioning
- Pre-hab and post-op exercise and rehabilitation programs (e.g. joint replacement)
Motor Vehicle Accidents
- If you have been injured in a car accident recently that was covered my Manitoba Public Insurance (MPI) you are eligible for physiotherapy treatment.
- We provide treatment for Workers Compensation Board (WCB) of Manitoba claims.
- We can provide reconditioning programs for various organizations and companies.
- Please contact us for more information.
- Work activity modifications
- Posture correction
- Injury prevention
- Home exercise and home program soft tissue techniques
- Informational hand-outs (eg Heat or Ice)
- Education regarding health promotion through exercise and activity
- Athletic taping
- If you are sick or unable to get to the clinic for any reason, our physiotherapists will be happy to assist you virtually to start or continue your care.
- Vendy Sarrasin offers massage therapy services 2-3x/week
- We direct bill the following companies free of charge:
- Blue Cross
- Medavie Blue Cross
- Canada Life (formerly Great West Life)
- Sun Life
- Chambers of Commerce
- Johnston Group Inc.
- Veterans Affairs